MEUCE Visit of a delegation of European embassies (FIU)
|Venue:||FIU Modesto A. Maidique Campus|
The European Center of Excellence, FIU, hosted a delegation of five science counselors from the Belgium, French, European, Estonian, and Czech Republic embassies from Washington D.C. from Dec. 8 to 10:
- Astrid -Christina Koch, Science Counselor, Science, Technology and Education, Delegation of the European Union to the USA in Washington D.C.
- Bart Deelen, Business Development Manager, Science and Technology Attache and Energy and Environment Attache, Embassy of Belgium.
- Martin Pizinger, Political Officer, Embassy of the Czech Republic
- Viljar Lubi, Counselor Economic Affairs and Science, Embassy of Estonia
- Jacqueline Signorini, Attache for Scientific Cooperation and Higher Education, Embassy of France
The delegation visited FIU School of Engineering and Computing and three science laboratories:
- The Wall of Wind
- The Nano Fabrication Laboratory
- The Biomedical Engineering Lab
In addition, they visited the NOAA National Hurricane Center and the Atlantic Oceanography Meteorological Laboratory.
The delegation members were guests of honor at three different networking events:
- The Chairman's Circle & Trustee Reception of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- a luncheon with FIU officials and,
- a cocktail reception for the 3rd annual UM Innovation Technology Showcase
They also met the European consuls general in Miami.