- Upcoming Events
- MEUCE Conversations on Europe: "High Representative: tasks for EU Foreign Policy" (FIU)
MEUCE Conversations on Europe: "High Representative: tasks for EU Foreign Policy" (FIU)
|Venue:||FIU - MMC - Academic Health Center 3 - 205|
Conversations on Europe: "Dear Madam High Representative: tasks for EU Foreign Policy"
In our first Conversation on Europe for 2015, panelists will consider the demands on and capabilities of the European Union as a major global actor. Panelists will use a Carnegie Europe “Memo to the European Union Foreign Policy Chief” as a starting point.
The panel will include:
- Sir Michael Leigh of the German Marshall Fund (and former European Commission Director General for Enlargement);
- Stefan Lehne, Carnegie Europe (and former Director General for political affairs at the Austrian Ministry for European and International Affairs);
- Ulrich Speck, Carnegie Europe (and Editor of the weekly Global Europe Brief newsletter);
- Nathalie Tocci, Deputy Director of the Instituto Affari Internazionali (and advisor to EU Foreign Policy Chief, Frederica Mogherini);
- and Kostas Kourtikakis, who earned his Ph.D. at Pitt and is affiliated with the University of Illinois’s European Union Center of Excellence.
Panelists will be linked to audiences at Pitt and elsewhere and faculty and class participation is welcome.
To view flyer, click here