MEUCE Teacher Workshop on European Union (FIU)
|Venue:||Florida International University|
The 1 day workshop (from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.), "Understanding and Teaching the European Union: Hemispheric, Transatlantic and Global Perspectives", is sponsored by the Miami-Florida European Union Center of Excellence at Florida International University The workshop is designed to give educators an overview of the European Union and address issues affecting Europe and EU/US international relations.
Topics to be covered may include:
- The History of the EU
- Institutions & Major Policies of the EU
- The Euro Area Economy an update and Hot Topic of the Euro
- Presentation on the Euro Challenge
- Overview of EU Resources on the Web
- Overview Database literacy for EU Sources
This year, the workshop will be organized for Miami-Dade county High School teachers.
The workshop will also include discussion sessions that explore ways in which EU and EU-US topics can be brought into the classroom. Workshop participants will receive a packet of materials to use in the classroom.
- FIU Campus Map (Modesto A. Maidique Campus)
- To view PPT, click on the following links:
- Dr. Markus Thiel (The history of the EU, the institutions and policies)
- Dr. Maria Lorca-Susino (The Euro Area Economy an update and Hot Topic of the Euro)
- Euro Challenge Overview (Christine I. Caly-Sanchez)
- Online EU Resources
To view photo gallery, click here