- Upcoming Events
- Jean Monnet Project: Luncheon-Workshop on "Accelerating Smart Cities"
Jean Monnet Project: Luncheon-Workshop on "Accelerating Smart Cities"
|Venue:||The Beacon Council - Miami Downtown|
Under the framework of the Jean Monnet Project, experts on "Smart Cities" will meet with Miami-Dade Community at large. This luncheon-workshop will discuss environment, safety, transportation,utilities, and buildings. The latest environmental techniques that can produce sustainable and cost-effective urban policies will be discussed by experts, as well as the application of the latest technology in order to provide the safest and most efficient for the security of city residents. Furthermore, the mobility of people, taking into consideration low-carbon technologies and the development of freight transport and logistics will be discussed. Lastly, ideas for improving or replacing our energy grids in order to help power our cities more efficiently at a minimum cost to consumers and innovative construction techniques that will lead to better quality of life for residents are under consideration. During the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to discover the latest calls on “Smart Cities” offered by the European Commission under the framework programme for research and innovation, Horizon 2020.
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 | 11:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Luncheon-Workshop
“Accelerating Smart Cities”: environment, safety, transport, utilities & buildings
- Dr. James Gavigan, Minister-Counselor Research & Innovation Delegation of the European Union to the United States Washington DC
- Dr. Karen Lee, MD, MHSc, Health + Built Environment + Social Determinants Consulting, based in NY & NJ; Special Advisor, World Health Organization offices; Adjunct Professor, Schools of Public Health, University of Toronto and University of Alberta, Canada; Course Instructor and Lecturer, Columbia University, NYC
- Danilo Nanni, PE, Structural Engineer, Expert in Smart Building Structures, and Associate at DeSimone Consulting Engineers
- Dr. Haydn Thompson, Managing Director THHINK Wireless Technologies Ltd, UK
Moderator: Dr. Robin Mishra, Minister-Counselor, Head of Section Science and Technology Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Washington DC
► This event is by invitation only
► You need to contact Christine I. Caly-Sanchez at email@example.com
This event is jointly sponsored by the Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence,and the Jean Monnet Project; and co-sponsored by The Beacon Council
► To view pictures, click here