- Upcoming Events
- EU Jean Monnet Project: Workshop on "The Future of Local Transportation"
EU Jean Monnet Project: Workshop on "The Future of Local Transportation"
Under the framework of the EU Jean Monnet Project, European transportation experts will meet with the Miami-Dade Community at large. This workshop will discuss the pressing transportation issues in Miami. The topics will include mass transit, clean vehicles, smart transportation, tactile internet and quality delivery of services at affordable prices. The need for new and improved highways that can sustain the influx of out-of-town visitors generated by the tourism industry and the increase in our local population will also be discussed.
- Dr. Atorod Azizinamini, Professor and Chair, Civil and Environment Engineering Structural and Bridge Engineering, Florida International University, FL (USA)
- Dominique Bertrand, Senior Advisor, CEREMA - Center for Studies depending on the French Department for Transport, Environment and Energy (France)
- Alice Bravo, Director, Transportation and Public Works Miami-Dade County, FL (USA)
- Dr. –Ing Meryem Simsek, Chair of IEEE Tactile Internet Sub-Committee, TU Dresden Vodafone Chair Mobile Communications Systems, TU Dresden (Germany)
Moderator: Danye Aboki, Counselor, Transport and Sustainability Cities French Embassy in Washington DC
- 8:30am-9:00 am: Registration, Networking and Breakfast Buffet
- 9:00am-10:15 am: Presentation on the Future of Transportation
- 10:15 am - 10:30 a.m. Q & A and Closure
To view PowerPoint presentations, click below:
To view pictures, click here
► This event is by invitation only. To register, you need to contact Christine I. Caly-Sanchez at email@example.com