- Upcoming Events
- Jean Monnet Project: Workshop on “Water, Sustainability & Climate Change"
Jean Monnet Project: Workshop on “Water, Sustainability & Climate Change"
|Venue:||Bank of America conference room (7th floor), 701 Brickell Avenue, Miami FL 33131|
Under the framework of the Jean Monnet Project, experts on "Water, Sustainability & Climate Change" will meet with Miami-Dade Community at large and share their expertise on "The use and misuse of water resources".
This panel will discuss some of the urgent challenges facing some of our cities, among them the need for an adequate supply of clean and high quality water. In addition, the panel will discuss the interaction between the water system and land use.
Monday, May 2, 2016 | 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
"Water, Sustainability & Climate Change: The use and misuse of water resources"
- Dr. Fernando Nardi, Director of the Water Resources Research and Documentation Center (WARREDOC), International University "Stranieri" of Perugia, Italy, Horizon 2020 SC5 (Climate Action)
- Hon. Nathalie Olijslager, Consul General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Miami
- Dr. Michael Sukop, professor of in the Department of Earth & Environment at FIU, certified hydrogeologist, Principal Investigator of the South Florida Water, Sustainability, and Climate Project, and director of engagement for the Urban Water Innovation Networks project, which is addressing urban water challenges throughout the United States.
- Dr. Douglas Yoder, Deputy Director, Miami-Dade Water & Sewer, Miami-Dade County
- Dr. Todd Crowl, Professor & Founding Director, Institute of Water and Environment, Southeast Environmental Research Center; Co-Founder, Sea Level Solutions Center
► To view bios, click here
► To view flyer, click here
- 8:30am-9:00 am: Registration, Networking and Breakfast Buffet
- 9:00am-10:15 am: Presentation on "Water, Sustainability & Climate Change: The use and misuse of water resources"
- 10:15 am - 10:30 a.m. Q & A and Closure
► To view PowerPoint Presentation, click on each presentation hereafter:
- Dr. Fernando Nardi, click here
- Hon. Nathalie Olijslager, click here
- Dr. Michael Sukop, click here
► This event is free but by invitation only. You need to register on Eventbrite, click here, and contact Christine I. Caly-Sanchez at email@example.com
Co-Sponsored by the Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, FIU Jean Monnet Project, FIU Southeast Environmental Research Center (SERC), The Infinse Group-Merrill Lynch, The Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast, the Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and Miami-Dade County.