- Upcoming Events
- EU Jean Monnet Project Workshop-Breakfast: Health and Innovation: “Nanotechnology for medicine”
EU Jean Monnet Project Workshop-Breakfast: Health and Innovation: “Nanotechnology for medicine”
Wednesday, June 14, 2017 | 8:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Under the framework of the EU Jean Monnet Project, European and American experts in Nanotechnology in medicine will meet with the Miami-Dade Community at large. This panel will discuss the impact of nanotechnology on medicine and its implication for the future in healthcare in Europe and in the United States. During the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to discover the latest calls on “Nanotechnology” offered by the European Commission under the framework programme for research and innovation, Horizon 2020.
Opening Remarks: Mr. Frank Di Rocco, Senior Vice President, Investments, The Infinse Group, Global Wealth Management Advisors and Portfolio Managers, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated
- Dr. Serge Braun, Chief Scientific Officer, AFM-Telethon, Evry, Member of the French National Academy of Pharmacy (France)
- Dr. Tarek R. Fadel, Assistant Director, The Marble Center for Cancer Nanomedicine The Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA (USA)
- Dr. Babak Kateb, Founding Chairman of the Board of SBMT, President of Brain Mapping Foundation, Scientific Director of SBMT and Brain Mapping Foundation, Director of National Center for Nano-Bio-Electronics, Senior Editor of SBMT-NeuroMapping & Therapeutics, Chairman of Neuroscience-20/G20 Summit Brain Mapping Initiative, Scientific Director and Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), California Neurosurgical Institute, CA, USA
- Viktoria Bodnarova, Regional Representative, Euraxess North America
Moderator and Presenter: Dr. Madhavan Nair, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Immunology; Director, Institute of Neurolmmune Pharmacology, Associate Dean Bio-Medical Research; Associate VP, NanoMedicine; College of Medicine, Florida International University, Miami (USA)
► To view bios' panelists, click here
► To view, flyer, click here
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Registration, networking, and breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Presentation on the latest research in nanomedicine and its impacts on healthcare
- 10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Q & A and closure
► This event is by invitation only
For more information and to register, you need to contact Christine I. Caly-Sanchez at email@example.com
This event is jointly sponsored by the Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, FIU and the EU Jean Monnet Project; and co-sponsored by Merrill Lynch Bank of America Corporation, the Embassy of France in the United States, Office of Science and Technology, Washington DC; Consulate General of France in Miami, the Consulate General of Italy in Miami; the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast; the Miami Scientific Italian Community; The French American Chamber of Commerce Florida; AFT Téléthon; the Miami Cancer Institute; the Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics; the Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, the Marble Center for Cancer NanoMedicine; BILAT USA 4.0.