- Upcoming Events
- Roundtable on the Challenges of Immigration & Integration in Germany & the US (UM)
Roundtable on the Challenges of Immigration & Integration in Germany & the US (UM)
|Venue:||University of Miami Newman Alumni Center - Coral Gables|
Germany, the United States, and the challenges of the 21st century: a roundtable and networking series presents
Roundtable on the challenges of immigration and integration in Germany in the US
Join experts from the University of Miami, Florida International University, the German Consulate, and the Miami community to discuss both countries' recent experiences with immigration and asylum seekers, public attitudes toward immigration, and the challenges of incorporating new immigrants into these societies. How have the experiences of the two countries been similar or different? What can each side learn from the other? Ho can immigrant integration into work and society succeed?
- Prof. Dr. David Abraham, University of Miami School of Law
- German Consul General Annette Klein
- Felix Montanez, Catholic Legal Services
- Dr. Claire Oueslati-Porter, Women's and Gender Studies Program, Department of Anthropology, FIU
- Dr. Markus Thiel, Florida International University Departement of Politics & International Relations
The roundtable will be followed by a networking reception featuring German music and refreshments.
► For more information and to register contact email@example.com
► To view flyer, click here
The Year of German-American Friendship is a collaborative initiative funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, implemented by the Goethe-Institut, and supported by the Federation of German Industries (BDI)