Congratulations to Miami Palmetto Senior High School, FPW Marine & Oceanographic Academy, and Coral Gables Senior High School!
These three Floridian High Schools have been selected and have been given an expenses paid trip to compete in the national competition in New York City.
A total of 100 teams from 17 U.S. states (Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin) competed for cash awards. Regional competitions lead to the final rounds at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York on Monday, April 30.
Our three Florida High Schools will compete among Of 25 teams.
Here is the list of the schools competing in the semi-final round in New York:
- Oceanside High School, Oceanside, NY
- Rumson-Fair Haven High School, Rumson, NJ
- West Windsor Plainsboro High School, North Plainsboro Township, NJ
- Westfield Senior High School, Westfield, NJ
- Rutgers Preparatory High School, Somerset, NJ
- Herricks High School, New Hyde Park, NY
- The Delbarton School, Morristown, NJ
- High School for Math, Science & Engineering, New York, NY
- Hunter College High School, New York, NY
- George W. Hewlett High School, Hewlett, NY
- Marlboro High School, Marlboro, NJ
- Montclair High School, Montclair, NJ
- Ridgefield High School, Ridgefield, CT
- School Without Walls, Washington, DC
- Coral Gables Senior High School, Coral Gables, FL
- Marine & Oceanographic Academy, Fort Pierce, FL
- Miami Palmetto Senior High School, Pinecrest, FL
- Madison East High School, Madison, WI
- Elgin High School, Elgin, IL
- Bedford High School, Bedford, MA
- International Academy Central, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- East Chapel Hill High School, Chapel Hill, NC
- Carrboro High School, Carrboro, NC
- North Allegheny Intermediate High School, Pittsburgh, PA
- First Baptist Christian Academy, Pasadena, TX
The top five winning teams will receive monetary awards generously provided by the Moody's Foundation, along with a trip to Washington, D.C. for the top two teams.
Location: Federal Reserve Bank of New York - 33 Liberty Street - New York, NY 10045
At the Recognition and Awards Reception, on the 20th Floor of the Moody's Foundation (7 World Trade Center), the Florida teams will have the privilege to meet and talk to Ambassador João Vale de Almeida, Head of Delegation, European Union Delegation to the United States of America.
- To read the Delegation of the European Union in Washington D.C. article on "Can U.S. High School Students Solve the Euro's Challenges?", click here