For the 2023-2024 academic year, the European Studies Center has announced its annual programmatic theme: “Security.” A series of Conversations on Europe will be discussing various aspects of "security" - whether issues of national security, security of supplies or security of livelihoods of people.
The Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence at FIU, along with other European Union Centers of Excellence from the U.S. will participate.
In the Fall semester 2023, we will be able to connect with experts on Europe via virtual roundtable for four conversations from 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM Eastern time zone on Tuesdays:
Below are the dates, titles, and names of organizers. More information will be available before each Conversation.
- Tuesday, September 12 | 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
“European Year of Skills: What's the future of labor in Europe?”
- Tuesday, October 17 | 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
“Polish Post-Election Review: Analysis of Election Results in Poland and their Impact on European Security”
- Tuesday, November 14 | 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
“Yaoundé Conventions 60 Years on: Africa-EU Relations Now”
- Tuesday, December 5 | 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
“Interview with Agnieszka Holland, President of the European Film Academy”
To view flyer of 2023-2024 program, click here
These events are free and open to all FIU students
Prior RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org is mandatory to join the conversation
Hosted by: European Studies Center, a Jean Monnet European Union Center of Excellence at the University of Pittsburgh
- Miami-Florida Jean Monnet European Center of Excellence, Florida International University;
- EU Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne;
- Center for European Studies at the University of Florida;
- Center for European Studies at the University of Texas – Austin;
- Center for European and Transatlantic Studies at the Georgia Institute of Technology