- Upcoming Events
- EU Jean Monnet Project - Luncheon-Workshop : Nanothechnology for Medicine-Initiatives & Perspectives
EU Jean Monnet Project - Luncheon-Workshop : Nanothechnology for Medicine-Initiatives & Perspectives
Wednesday, June 14 | 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Under the framework of the EU Jean Monnet Project, European and American experts in Nanotechnology in medicine will meet with the Miami-Dade Community at large. This panel will discuss the impact of nanotechnology on medicine and its implication for the future in healthcare in Europe and in the United States. During the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to discover the latest calls on “Nanotechnology” offered by the European Commission under the framework programme for research and innovation, Horizon 2020.
Opening Remarks: Dr. Sergio Gonzalez-Arias, Executive Associate Dean, Clinical Affairs; Chairman, Department of Neuroscience, College of Medicine, Florida International University; Chief of neurological surgery, Baptist Hospital
- Dr. Serge Braun, Chief Scientific Officer, AFM-Telethon, Evry, Member of the French National Academy of Pharmacy (France)
- Dr. Tarek R. Fadel, Assistant Director, The Marble Center for Cancer Nanomedicine The Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA (USA)
- Dr. Babak Kateb, Founding Chairman of the Board of SBMT, President of Brain Mapping Foundation, Scientific Director of SBMT and Brain Mapping Foundation, Director of National Center for Nano-Bio-Electronics, Senior Editor of SBMT-NeuroMapping & Therapeutics, Chairman of Neuroscience-20/G20 Summit Brain Mapping Initiative, Scientific Director and Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), California Neurosurgical Institute, CA, USA
- Viktoria Bodnarova, Regional Representative, Euraxess North America
Moderator and Presenter: Dr. Madhavan Nair, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Dept. of Immunology; Director, Institute of Neurolmmune Pharmacology, Associate Dean Bio-Medical Research; Associate VP, NanoMedicine; College of Medicine, Florida International University, Miami (USA)
► To view bios, click here
► To view flyer, click here
► This event is by invitation only For more information and to register, you need to contact Christine I. Caly-Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is jointly sponsored by the Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, FIU and the EU Jean Monnet Project; the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, the Society for Personalized NanoMedicine; and co-sponsored by the Consulate General of France in Miami, the Embassy of France in the United States, Office of Science and Technology, Washington DC; AFT Téléthon; the Miami Cancer Institute, Baptist Health South Florida; the Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics; the Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, the Marble Center for Cancer NanoMedicine; the Miami Scientific Italian Community; The Dr. John T. MacDonald Foundation, Biomedical Nanotechnology Institute, BioNIUM, University