- Upcoming Events
- Conversations on Europe: "Wind, Water, Sun: Clean Energy in Europe"
Conversations on Europe: "Wind, Water, Sun: Clean Energy in Europe"
|Venue:||FIU - MMC - Green Library Resources Center - GL 156|
To view flyer, click here
Did you know that the European Union’s Renewable Energy Directive sets rules for the EU to achieve a target of 20% renewables for final energy consumption by 2020? And that EU member states have already agreed on a new renewable energy target of at least 27% of final energy consumption in the EU as a whole by 2030? At the same time, the European Commission has set goals for a clean energy transition that mark a major step towards the creation of a European Energy Union. What is driving EU energy policy and why do some critics suggest that the current goals are hurting Europe’s competitiveness while not effectively combatting climate change? Is energy policy another step towards an “ever closer union?”
- Moderator: Michaël Aklin, Department of Political Science, University of Pittsburgh
- Shanti Gamper-Rabindran, Graduate School of Public & International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh
- Espen Moe, Dept. of Sociology and Political Science, NTNU, Norway
- Jonas Meckling, Department of Environmental Science, Policy & Management, UC Berkeley
► This event is free and open to all FIU students, but spaces are limited. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted by European Studies Center, a Jean Monnet European Union Center of Excellence at the University of Pittsburgh
Co-Sponsored by: UCIS, European Union Center at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign ● Center for European Studies at North Carolina-Chapel Hill ●Jean Monnet Center of Excellence at Florida International University