- Upcoming Events
- Panel Discussion: "The Death Penalty: European Union and International Perspectives"
Panel Discussion: "The Death Penalty: European Union and International Perspectives"
|Venue:||FIU MMC - College of Law|
On the occasion of the World Day Against the Death Penalty on Oct 10th, the Steven J. Green School of International & Public Affairs, the Ruth K. & Shepard Broad Distinguished Lecture Series, the European & Eurasian Studies Program, The Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, and the College of Law, welcome the European Consuls General in Miami, diplomats, and FIU College of Law Faculty experts to discuss European and International perspectives on Capital Punishment. \
7:00—7:10 p.m. | Welcome
- John F. Stack, Founding Dean, Steven J. Green School of International & Public Affairs, FIU
- Antony Page, Dean, FIU College of Law
7:10—9:00 p.m.| Discussion with European consuls general and diplomats in Miami and law faculty experts
Moderator: Professor Stephen K. Harper, Director Death Penalty Clinic, FIU College of Law
European Consuls General and diplomats in Miami
- Hon. Laurent Gallissot, Consul General of France
- Hon. Andreas T. Siegel, Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Gabriel Cremades, Deputy Consul General of Spain
- Luuk Nijman, Deputy Consul General, Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Law Faculty Experts
► To view flyer, click here
► To view bios panelists, click here
This event is Free and Open to all FIU Students and the Public but it is requested to register.
► To Register, click here
► For Driving Directions, Map and Parking Information, click here
► To view FIU Map, click here
Co-Sponsored by the European & Eurasian Studies Program, the Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, FIU, the College of Law, the Consulate General of France, the Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany, and the Consulate General of Spain.