- STUDENTS OPPORTUNITIES
- Postdoc Job: on “Application Software Engineering for Cyber-physical Systems”
Postdoc Job: on “Application Software Engineering for Cyber-physical Systems”
Vacancy: Postdoc/Head of Junior Research Group - Application Deadline: August 31, 2016
RWTH Aachen is Germany’s top ranked technical university with approx. 45.000 students and close to 6000 researchers (http:/www.rwth-aachen.de). The Chair Informatik 11 – Embedded Software (http:www.embedded.rwth-achen.de) is part of the RWTH Computer Science Department and is headed by Prof. S. Kowalewski. Our research activities comprise design and analysis technologies for embedded software with a focus on formal and modelbased methods for safety-critical systems. Our application partners come from automotive, industrial automation, and medical technology. We are inviting applications for a Postdoc position in the area of Application Software Engineering for Cyber-physical Systems. The implementation of the position is a result of the UMIC Excellence Cluster (http:/www.umic.rwth-aachen.de). A complementing Postdoc position in the area of Application Specific Computing Systems, System Software, and Middleware will be offered in parallel at the Institute for Communication Technologies and Embedded Systems (ICE).
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar with excellent results.
- Strong skills in software development and model-based technology, thorough knowledge about formal methods.
- Leadership capabilities for project teams (Ph.D. candidates) • Willingness to acquire new R&D projects and to collaborate with other RWTH faculties and institutes in the ICT domain • Excellent communication skills, must be a team player.
- High proficiency in oral and written English. German is beneficial. We expect nonGerman speaking candidates to acquire a basic command of German within the first two years of the appointment.
- Perform research projects in the above area, with focus on applications in automotive/mobility and industrial automation. Research topics may include o Testing, simulation, static analysis, model checking, and combinations of these methods for the validation and verification of dynamically changing cyber-physical systems (CPS) o Model-based application software engineering for CPS o Flexible, scalable, real-time platforms for CPS based on standard software
- Build and head a research group (PhD. candidates) in the above area by acquiring and managing third party funded projects
- Interact with our research and industry partners, in particular with the complementing Postdoc group at ICE
- Contribute to the chair’s teaching program
- Contribute to the management and administration of the chair’s operations Our team-oriented working style and cooperative leadership concept gives you the necessary freedom for your scientific research with a high degree of motivation, independence, and personal responsibility.
For more information, application deadline and how to apply, click here