- HORIZON 2020 GRANTS
- BILAT USA 4.0 / HORIZON 2020
- EU- USA collaboration in Digital Social Innovation/Civic Tech (Greece)
EU- USA collaboration in Digital Social Innovation/Civic Tech (Greece)
22 November 2017
BILAT USA 4.0 joins the 4th International Conference on Internet Science on November 22nd 2017, in Thessaloniki (Greece) with two workshops.
The Digital Social Innovation/Civic Tech, a topic EU- USA collaboration in research workshop aims to set the ground of discussion among policy makers and researchers. During the workshop, hot topics related to DSI/Civic Tech will be discussed by speakers coming from the EU & the USA. More specifically, Mrs. Ursula Holtgrewe from the Centre for Social Innovation will discuss about the societal context regarding DSI and Civic Tech in the EU and US. In addition, she will also present the SCI project (www.siceurope.eu). Mrs. Paley, from the Center for Government Excellence at Johns Hopkins University, USA, will talk about government data, community engagement, publicly accessible data, and civic tech cities. Mrs. Stavroula Maglavera from the University of Thessaly, will present the DSI Manifesto and the EU policy for collaboration with the US. Mr.Cave Regulatory Policy Committee – University of Warwick, will address the challenges and opportunities of EU- US research collaboration under the frame of monetizing data. On behalf of BILATUSA 4.0, the H2020 Guide for US researchers as well as the funding opportunities will be presented.
- Ursula Holtgrewe, Centre for Social Innovation, SCI project (www.siceurope.eu)
- Sharon Paley, Center for Government Excellence at Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Stavroula Maglavera, University of Thessaly
- Jonathan Cave, Regulatory Policy Committee – University of Warwick
- Daniele Rizzi, European Commission, DG Connect
EU-US and Academia-Industry Cooperation in DSI / Civic Tech workshop aims to discuss about the accelerators, barriers and opportunities of Academia-Industry Cooperation in DSI, from the EU perspective and from the US perspective. Mr. Zygna, Professor at Provadis School of International Management and Technology, and CEO, NineSigma North America Inc, will discuss about the general framework of Academia & Industry collaboration in the EU and US. Mr. Ladid, president of Ipv6, will talk about the Technology generations and standards in Industry & Academia. Mr. Votis, from CERTH/ITI, will present the Secure and Trusted blockchain services for Interoperable health Services. An open discussion will follow in order to identify opportunities, barriers and suggestions to enhance the EU & US collaboration in Academia and Industry. In addition, on behalf of BILAT USA4.0, EU funding opportunities will be presented.
- Andy Zygna, Professor at Provadis School of International Management and Technology, and CEO, NineSigma North America Inc.
- Latif Ladid, Chair at 5G World Alliance & President, IPv6 Forum
- Konstantinos Votis, Researcher Grade C' & Director of Visual Analytics Lab at CERTH/ITI / Visiting professor De Montfort University
For registrations please use the following link: http:/internetscienceconference.euregister.html (no registration fees for the workshops).
For further details contact Despina Anastasopoulos: Despina.firstname.lastname@example.org, or Babis Ipektsidis: Babis.email@example.com.
For more detail and to view Agenda, click here