French Ambassador to the U.S., Philippe Etienne, and David J. Kramer, Director of the European & Eurasian Studies Program at SIPA- Florida International University discussed the role of Technology and Social Media on Democracy and Human Rights.
During this one-hour conversation, His Excellency, Philippe Etienne, Ambassador of France to the United States, tried to answer several questions linked to this crucial and most pressing issue. Among others:
- To what extent do technology and social media play a role, either positively and/or negatively?
- What are the differences in approach between Europe and the United States?
- How can we work together to address the threats to democracy and human rights around the world?
- What are the best ways to combat extremism and terrorism?
- Where can multilateral efforts contribute to combatting these dangers most effectively?
To watch video, click here