Srebrenica Genocide Denial: Intentions, Sources, Consequences - Coping with Re-Traumatization
This public conversation with trauma specialist and survivors of the Srebrenica Genocide about the individual and collective trauma caused by genocide denial, the long-term impact of genocide, and potential coping mechanisms was held virtually on April 15, 2023. Event was organized by the SBHS Pathway North Campus, in partnership with BiH United; Jedna BiH; Bosnian American Genocide Institute, (BAGI); Bosniak Cultural Community Preporod of North America; Remembering Srebrenica, UK; BH UK Network.
- Azra Osmančević, PhD., Clinical Psychologist.
- Omar Shareef, MD, Clinical Psychiatrist.
- Senada Cvrk-Pargan, Srebrenica Genocide Survivor.
- Senahid Haliliović, Srebrenica Genocide Survivor.
- Aida Mačkić - Moderator, United BiH.
- Aida Hughton, MBE - Moderator, Rembering Srebrenica, UK.
Hosted by Mirsad Kriještorac, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Political Science - Global Human Rights Initiative Project
Event was co-sponsored by the Mohsin & Fauzia Jaffer Center for Muslim World Studies and the Miami-Florida Jean Monnet European Union Center of Excellence
To watch video recording, click here