- HORIZON 2020 GRANTS
- BILAT USA 2.0 / Horizon 2020 (ARCHIVE)
- EURAXESS Science Slam North America 2015
EURAXESS Science Slam North America 2015
Submit a short, creative video of your research for a chance to win a trip to Europe!
A science slam is a science communication event, similar in nature to a poetry slam, where researchers compete by presenting their work in front of a non-expert audience. The focus is on making research interesting, engaging, entertaining and thrilling for the audience. This will give researchers based in North America the chance to showcase their work and talent for giving a lively and interesting presentation. Each live presentation is given in English in less than 10 minutes and can be supported by video, audio material, slides or any other kind of media, as well as by scientific equipment, everything is allowed!
This year's EURAXESS Science Slam 2015 will take place on 19 October 2015 in Chicago (USA). Five researchers will compete with the audience deciding who's performance is the best. The winner will win the grand prize of a trip to Europe for a science communication training, a meeting with European Commission research policy officers and a meeting with experts at a European research institution of his/her own choice.
So want to know how to win? Visit scienceslamnorthamerica.euraxess.org and enter the competition. All you need to do is find a creative way of presenting your research to the public, and send us a short video demonstrating this by 21 September 2015.
Researchers currently based in North America (Canada and USA) of all nationalities and from all research fields can join. There are no age restrictions and the only academic requirement you need is to be, at least, currently enrolled in a Master's program.
The winner will go to Europe and...
- visit the EU headquarters in Brussels, enjoy a science communication training and meet with EU research policy makers;
- visit a European research institution of his/her own choice
- and catch up with winners from around the world, and make new friends and contacts in Europe!
How to take part?
- Fill out the registration form
- Make a 3-minutes max. video of yourself presenting your research in a creative, original way. Make sure your presentation is in English.
- Share it with us. You can upload it on our Drop-it-to-me platform or anywhere online and post the link to our Facebook site, our Twitter page or our LinkedIn group. You can also send your video or the link via email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to become one of the finalists to compete in the LIVE slam!
►The deadline for sending the video is 21 September 2015.
A scientific jury is going to choose the best five video entries. EURAXESS will invite their authors to compete in Chicago (USA) on 19 October 2015. The winner will be decided by the audience in an evening of science and fun.
Watch our trailer and read the flyer to help you decide! Also have a look at our YouTube Channel to watch the videos of last year's science slam finalists.
►For more information click here or contact us at email@example.com.