AICGS offers unpaid internships to undergraduate and graduate students in the spring, summer, and fall. AICGS internships provide a professional and educational experience in a not-for-profit think tank that aims to strengthen the German-American relationship. AICGS internships aim to:
- Introduce interns to all aspects (administrative, programming, development, research) of an American nonprofit public policy institute
- Provide opportunities for interns to carry out their own research projects and publish work on the Institute’s website
- Involve interns in ongoing AICGS projects and events of the three program areas: Business & Economics, Foreign & Domestic Policy, and Society, Culture & Politics
- Provide opportunities for participation in similar events in Washington, DC, organized by other policy institutions or think tanks.
AICGS offers two internship positions:
- Research Internship
- Development Internship
Please specify which position you are applying for in your application.
Duration and Application Deadlines
Interns are expected to work between 20 and 35 hours a week during the following cycles:
- Spring: January-May. Application deadline is October 1
- Summer: June-August. Application deadline is March 1
- Fall: September-December. Application deadline is June 1
For more information and how to apply, click here