Jean Monnet Projects
MF-JMCE received the Jean Monnet Project, a 50,000 euro grant over two years (2016-2017) to implement six high-level and high-visibility community roundtables on issues ranging from innovation & research, health to sustainability and environmental policies.
The Center will bring in European policy-makers and experts to talk about where we can share best practices, and to stimulate strategic discussions among experts from the universities, the private enterprises and the public sector, highlighting the European experience and technical skills in order to contribute to networking, innovation, and business development among its partners.
Each Workshop includes at least four experts: two European experts from European companies or NGOs, one American expert from the private sector or the state or federal government – in some cases, – and one FIU faculty expert in the above fields/disciplines.
The MF-JMCE organized three workshops in Spring 2016:
- Jan. 19, 2016: “EU Funding possibilities for US researchers - Horizon 2020”
- April 20, 2016: “Accelerating Smart Cities”: environment, safety, transport, utilities & buildings”
- May 2nd, 2016: Water, Sustainability & Climate Change: “The use and misuse of water resources”
Each workshop brought 50 to 65 people from the Miami-Dade Community at large.
In Fall 2016-Spring 2017, the 3 following events are planned:
- Nov. 3-4, 2017 Transportation: “The Future of Local Transportation”
- Jan. 19-20, 2017 Renewable Energy: “The future of biofuels”
- June 14-15, 2017 Health and Innovation: “Nanotechnology for medicine”