The MEUCE engages in a broad range of outreach activities designed to teach about the European Union and to communicate its policies. These activities are geared in particular towards high schools and the media. We operate in close cooperation with the EU consular community in Miami, European-American chambers of commerce and cultural societies.
Secondary School Workshop
The MEUCE conducts workshops introducing secondary school teachers to the European Union throughout the state. The workshop is designed to give educators an overview of the European Union and address issues affecting Europe and EU/US international relations.
Topics covered include:
- The ABCs of the EU
- The Euro
- Multiculturalism in the EU
- EU-US trade relations
The workshop includes discussion sessions that explore ways in which EU and EU-US topics can be brought into the classroom. Workshop participants receive a packet of materials to use in the classroom.
Our workshop on Understanding and Teaching the European Union: Hemispheric, transatlantic and Global Perspectives has been offered to teachers in Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Boca Raton, and Fort Lauderdale.
- 05/21/2005: Miami - Florida International University
- 06/20/2006: Orlando - University of Central Florida
- 06/15/2007: Tampa - University of South Florida
- 06/25/2008 - Jacksonville - University of North Florida
- 05/30/2009 - Boca Raton - Florida Atlantic University
- 05/20/2010 - Fort Lauderdale - Rock Island Profesional Development Center
- 05/20/2011 - Miami - Florida International University
- 06/26/2012 - Orlando - University of Central Florida
- 06/26/2013 - Jacksonville - University of North Florida
- 08/14/2014 - Boca Raton - FAU and Spanish Community High School
- 05/22/2015 - Miami - Florida International University
For more information, click here