Getting to Know Europe
Getting to Know Europe (GTKE) is a program funded by the European Union under objective four of the Partnership Instrument. GTKE promotes greater knowledge and understanding, within local and regional communities in the United States, of the European Union, its international role, its policies, its culture, and the value and the significance of the EU-U.S. transatlantic partnership.
EU & US: Getting to Know Europe 2017-2019
The European Union is supporting five institutions for projects submitted for the 2017-2019 competition (funded by the Partnership Instrument): University of Pittsburgh, Florida International University, Regent of the University of California, Berkeley, Old Town School of Folk Music, Ecologic Institute US.
Proposals were evaluated according to the applicants’ technical and economic capacity to undertake the proposed project and the award criteria established in the competition Call for Proposals. The 5 projects listed below were consequently selected for award out of the proposals received.
The Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence at Florida International University (FIU), has been selected for its project and will implement outreach activities in South Florida’s communities which foster an awareness of the role of the EU and European culture as well as environmental and socioeconomic resilience policies in building transatlantic cohesion and relations.
The Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, FIU, will organize:
- cultural community activities celebrating Europe-Month each May (roundtable, screenings, book reading, art exhibit);
- Teacher & Media trainings on the EU and transatlantic relations;
- The Euro Challenge Competition in Florida for high school students of 9th and 10th grades.
- Public lecture series ‘Europe on the Road’ for South Florida communities on environmental and socio-economic resilience;
- Creation of an annual career-fair showcasing transatlantic companies & cultural institutions (residing in Florida)
For more information on Getting to Know Europe Grant and Public Diplomacy, click here